Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I am hoping to walk the country from my home in Upstate New York to the cost of DE then Westward to Northern California over 6,000 miles in all! My goal is to begin on Earth Day, Monday April 22nd. Although I am still in the early stages of planning, I will likely me following much of my route along the American Discovery Trail . It is sure to be an adventure of a life time. I would love any help you can offer, either in terms of fiances, tips, places to stay for a night etc. This is certainly going to be one of if not the most challenging experiences of my life where I will be dedicating at least six months time, I estimate 6 grand (roughly a dollar a mile) in expediences, and I can't even imagine the energy and stamina it will soak out of me after 6,000 miles! I have no idea what God will do through me and in me on this journey and I am excited to find out! Stay tuned as I plan to find out more details about my trip, preparations, and my progress on saving up to go.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. So this is sudden. And random. Or is it?

    What's the backstory? Fill us in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Are you still in the Carolinas?

      Delete
  3. Well, that's a tricky and possibly complicated story to tell, but in short it is mostly out of nowhere. I have always live hiking and love to travel. Plus I have been dying to get out west for year now. At the moment, I am rather free and since life is short I want to make the most of it. What a better way to meet people, see the country, explore God's creation, and sort out my next step in God's plan the hiking the country? I can't think of any. Therefore I feel this is what I am too do, will love to do and am aiming for.

    ReplyDelete